This website is operated by Ask Sonia Limited, independent technical consultancy services for food and fresh produce businesses.
We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
• The personal information we collect about you, our customers
• What we do with your information
• Who your information may be shared with
Who we are:
Ask Sonia Limited (‘I’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) – i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
Information we collect:
• When you contact Ask Sonia Limited by means of our online contact form or by email, your name and email address will be collected
• When you contact Ask Sonia Limited by phone, your name and phone number will be collected
• If we speak via Skype to discuss the work, your Skype address will be collected
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
• Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
• Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
• Shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data
How we store and use that information:
• Your email address, and any information imparted via email (your name, business name, address, telephone number, Skype address etc) will all be stored within the email system that is used by Ask Sonia Limited. This is password protected, as is the IT equipment used to access it.
• This information is used only to contact you.
• We do NOT currently keep a list of contacts in any other form, neither do we send out marketing correspondence in any format. If that situation were to ever change, all existing and previous customers would be contacted to request permission to be added to that contact list.
• Information regarding work undertaken, contracts and invoices, are stored on password protected storage devices.
Keeping your information secure:
We use technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure. However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using our services you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.
Accessing your information:
If you wish to access any information we store about you, please contact us and ask.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information:
You can require us, free of charge, to correct any mistakes in the information that we hold about you. If you would like us to do this, please:
• Contact us via email
• Let us have enough information to identify you, and
• Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Your information may, in the future, be shared with:
• Selected partners we work with, depending on the work you require
• Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
• Selected third-party suppliers of administrative services, solely for the purposes of undertaking administration on our behalf
• Selected third-party suppliers of bookkeeping and accountancy services, solely for the purposes of accounting and bookkeeping
We do not sell, trade, or rent users' personal identification information to others.
Your acceptance of these terms:
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated in March 2019.